Existing Conditions Assessments (ECA) are implemented to ensure structures and properties meet all applicable building codes related to structural integrity and consistency. ECA looks for signs of potential structural issues or problems with the properties maintenance and long-term sustainability. This will identify areas that could lead to failures.
ECA help developers gain insight to the physical condition and value of their potential investment. From this, budget and resources can be analyzed and developed. This service facilitates processes to secure additional funding if needed.
Our ECA reports provide real estate investors, developers, owners, and government agencies a written report outlining the existing condition of a property while highlighting any potential or immediate areas of concern.
Our report contains but is not limited to:
- Current conditions of assets (such as roofing, mechanical, plumbing, structural and lighting)
- Prioritized list of repairs required
- Routine and/or deferred maintenance
- Systemic deficiencies
- Forecast of each asset’s effective age and estimated lifespans
- Identification of any code-related deficiencies or compliance concerns
- Estimation of costs to correct the deferred maintenance backlog
- Cost analyses and timelines to help you build your capital budget
- Compliance with the original design/engineering intent
- Total facility replacement cost
On March 2, 2021 PLACE designers, with Steven L. Biegel taking the lead, completed the Existing Conditions Assessment on two building in Maryland. The Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore Inner Harbor and the Historic, Tremont Grand, that proudly rests beside it.
We are proud to have had the privilege to be called upon for the use of our services.